Thursday, July 12, 2012

interview

Hi all. I just wanted to update you on the goings on. Our item count is at 40 right now! Thank you so much for all the donations and time that you guys put in. I will for sure find homes for them, what we have now will go to the Martha O'Bryan Center here in Nashville. I do have a few preemie hats that I have knit up that I will find homes for.

I still have lots of yarn for anyone who needs some. If you would like to donate for us, but don't have a yarn stash or would like to knit of some of the yarn I have and send it back, please email me at knitsforneeds@gmail.com with your mailing address and name and I will get it out to you ASAP!

Also, I have been contacted by Jennifer F. about "putting together a book of interviews of crafty girls from around the world, exploring how people take their creativity and love of craft (be that knitting, crochet, scrapbooking, sewing etc)." I happily agreed to do this and hope the word will get out about what we are and what we do even more than it already is. I will keep you up to date about this process and try to get a link or something to the interview. If there is anything you think needs to be mentioned about KFN, let me know here or by email.

One of the questions was how it got started and that prompted me to reviews the last several years in detail and all I can say is WOW!! Way to go Meridith and all the fantastic knitters/crocheters out there!!! You guys are fantastic. 2009--634 items donated. 2010--1070 items donated and 2011--418 items. You all are truly amazing!!

A question on here for you gals/guys is, "what motivates your knitters?" Let me know by twitter @knitsforneeds or knitsforneeds@gmail.com or reply here. I'm excited to hear from you!

Keep the yarn flying,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment