Wednesday, May 2, 2012

places to donate

Hi all!
I just wanted let everyone know what I've been up to... doing some research on who may need our help in the Nashville area. I have come up with a couple things.
The first is called the Monroe Harding Home, it has been an orphanage since 1843, they house children and teens. They also have stepwise programs and housing for older teens/young adults that helps them transition into independent living. It says they are always in need of clothes, toiletries, household items, et al. I thought maybe they could use some of our hats, scarves and maybe we could knit/crochet them up some wash clothes and maybe some toys as well. I contacted them to see if they thought these kinds of things would be helpful to them. I'll let you know what they say! If you want to take a look at their website: www.monroeharding.org

The next is called the Martha O'Bryan Center. It serves the impoverished people of east Nashville. They "empowers children, youth, and adults in poverty to transform their lives through work, education, employment and fellowship." They have daycare, afterschool programs, tutoring and mentoring among other things. I have also contacted them. Will keep you updated. Here is their website: www.marthaobryan.org

There are some others I am still working on. I am open to ideas and value your input! Thanks for your support and donation!

'til next time!
Keep the yarn flying!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment