Saturday, April 11, 2009

Brand spankin new to blogging

So people have been asking if Knits for Needs has a website or a blog, so I've thinking about it for awhile and, quite honestly, I've been pretty overwhelmed because I've never done anything like this before, so bear with me! So far, we have 92 members in our Facebook group (come join us!) and we have over 200 followers on Twitter (follow us!). Now, it looks like we have a blog!!

Knits for Needs is a knitting and crocheting charity that is made up of loving and dedicated people who donate their time, talents, and knit/crocheted items to charity. So far, since our inception in late January of 2009, we have donated over 70 items to charity. We have donated to Rescue Atlanta, a homeless outreach in Atlanta, The Covenant House Atlanta, a homeless outreach for youth in Atlanta, youth chemo patients at St. Jude, Litchfield Food Bank in Maine, and homeless in Detriot via my Aunt and Uncle's church. I am so proud of what this group has done and I look forward to seeing it grow and grow so we can help more people! We are always on the lookout for people in need, so please let us know if you know of a group of people who needs warm stuff. We supply blankets, toys, mittens, hats, socks, scarves, sweaters... anything you can knit or crochet to anyone in the United States who needs love and warmth!

No comments:

Post a Comment