Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stockpiling for Charity

Ok, now the stockpiling begins!! Since it is getting warmer out and people will be in less need for warm stuff, I think we'll hold off on shipments until, say, late September. What do you all think about this? I plan to gather as many items as I can over the summer and begin shipments when it begins getting cold once again.

Please send all items you wish to donate to: Knits for Needs, PO Box 551, Woodstock, GA 30188. Yarn and monetary donations can be sent there as well. The address is permanently on the left-hand side of our blog.

I will continue to update the blog often, so keep visiting us! I will keep you all posted on how many donations we are bringing in. I look forward to seeing tons of stuff!! Can't wait! Let's set a goal. We're at 74 items donated right now (just since Jan), I think, so how about our goal is 400 items total donated in 2009? Let's do it!

Blankets, mittens, hats, stuffed animals, scarves, hats, socks, slippers.. what can you knit or crochet? What are you willing to donate? Also, if anyone knows of an organization or group of people who are in need, please let us know and we'll add them to our project list. Would you like to donate to your neck of the woods? Let us know a good place to donate to and we'll send things. I usually search for homeless shelters and hospitals in a certain area and then I call them to see if they, indeed, are in need of warm things. Sometimes on their website they will have a wish list, which is helpful.

Email us anytime! Post comments any time! Visit our Facebook group and leave your comments please. We need your experiences posted there.

No comments:

Post a Comment